Sunday 15 January 2012

Day 3 of first cycle

I'm so tired today.  I've knitted.  I finished reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.  It's a very good book by the way.  I have no energy and it's been a chore to make sure I'm eating small meals...I don't want to eat anything.  I've been forcing myself to drink lots of water but I'm tired of water.  I did have some weak green ginger tea which was a nice change.  My sense of humour isn't quite here today.  Scott made a wise crack about making sure the toilet cover is down so we don't have a "chemo kitty".  I somewhat see the humour, but am not engaged in the laughter over it.

My stomach was rolling a little this morning but seems to have settled down.  My skin and lips seem to be drying out.  And I'm not sure, but I may be starting some canker sores in my mouth as a side effect to the chemo.  I'll keep an eye on that and rinse with a baking soda/water rinse.

I'm wondering if the rough stuff (side effects) is about to become the next phase.  We'll find out soon enough (too soon?).  My cat is giving me some extra attention and cuddling on my lap.  It's almost like he knows I'm not myself right now.

1 comment:

  1. I hope things get better for you. It's sweet that your cat is cuddling up with you; I do believe they sense things and comfort us.

    ReplyDelete