Sunday 12 February 2012

Day 11 - 2nd Chemo Cycle

Today was a great day!!  I'm wanting to eat again and my taste buds are on their way back to being normal.  I didn't sleep that well last night because I was cold.  I feel the cold because there isn't enough hair on my head to keep me warm.  I have to remember to wear my touque to bed at night.  Despite that today was a great day.  I've had more energy and am wanting to be out and about.  I had a friend drop by with a cake for Valentine's Day.  I had a short visit with her and her daughter but even my husband noticed that I was much more perky after the visit.  I had a nice visit with my brother over the phone but then my voice started to tire again.  When it tires, I start to go hoarse.  I haven't tried singing anymore because I don't want to damage my larynx while the voice is still weak.  I do miss my music.  It is difficult to play "songs" on the piano because my inclination is to sing as well.  So I do play piano music but it's not quite the same.  Having said that, it's better than nothing.

Another friend dropped off a card with a poem that brought a smile to my face.  Humour really is a gift and makes the toughest times in our lives more bearable.  I'm hoping to go out for a short walk yet tonight.  I'm looking forward to this week when I'm feeling stronger, better and motivated to do things.

One thing I have noticed since finding out I have cancer is that I want to make every moment of every day count.  I don't like sitting and wasting my day which is why I do my knitting.  It makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile.  I also notice that I have strong thoughts in regards to other people "whining" about trivial matters.  I know that this is a cliche but it is so true that "life is too short".

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that your days are getting better. I hope you have a super week ahead. Yes, life is too short, and not to be wasted on trivial matters.

    ReplyDelete