Thursday 16 February 2012

Day 15 - 2nd Chemo Cycle

I had hoped to go for a walk today but I woke up this morning feeling very tired and exhausted.  I slept through the whole night last night so it was surprising that I had no energy today.  It was disappointing especially when a friend called and was willing to be my walking partner this morning.  I'm amazed at how far I've come in accepting and listening to my body day to day.  No more making plans but just waiting to see how I feel.  I'm not sure why I was so tired today unless it was because I went out to Chapters last night.  Or perhaps my red blood cell counts are down and that would explain why I haven't much energy.  Oh well, tomorrow night I'm hoping to go to an OHL game and see a family friend play on the visiting team.  I'll behave myself tomorrow and not do much so I can conserve my energy for tomorrow night.

I received a package in the mail today from a friend whom I haven't seen in years.  After many years, she made contact with Scott regarding something else and learned about my lymphoma.  It was so nice to receive a couple of books that she's written as well as a brief note of encouragement.  This is just another Godcidence and reconnection which may not have taken place without my having cancer.  I think that we can always find something positive even when we are facing some difficult challenges.  Perhaps my point of view would be different if I was terminally ill, but as another friend pointed out today, I've always looked at the world as the glass being half full rather than half empty.

So it will be an early night tonight as I listen to my body telling me it is tired.  Any advice I have to people would be....listen to your body and get in tune with it physically, emotionally and spiritually.  As a friend reminded me today, I'm learning to just "be".

No comments:

Post a Comment