Monday 20 February 2012

Day 19 - 2nd Chemo Cycle

Today was a bit of struggle.  I didn't sleep well last night.  I had "weird" dreams of gardening during the winter.  Anyway, I started the day off already dragging and tired.  I was the family taxi driver today.  My daughter seems to be fighting some kind of stomach bug as she's been tired and complaining of a sore stomach.  I hope I don't catch it.  Anyway, between driving family around and looking after my daughter it didn't leave much time to rest today.  So I filled the small down times with making turkey broth and turkey soup for supper tonight.  I froze the broth for when I'm not feeling well and maybe broth is all I want.  I was afraid to stop "doing" because I thought I might doze off and fall asleep.  I didn't want to forget to pick anyone up or drop anyone off.

I did spend time reading a book that a friend wrote called "Jack's Farm".  It was a very good read and is special to me as the references she made to her book store in Cornwall brought back memories of shopping there.  It was also very poignant and touching as she documents her wonderful marriage, then the death of her husband and her journey through the grieving process.  It was difficult to put the book down as it grabbed my imagination.  Thank you, Joan, for your thoughtfulness in giving me your book.

I'm really tired tonight and fighting a headache because of the tiredness.  So I'll be retiring early tonight.  I need to be well rested for Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment