Saturday 3 March 2012

Day 10 - 3rd Chemo Cycle

I'm feeling much better today.  My energy level was a little higher.  Unfortunately, I'm being visited by the constipation bug again.  I've been taking all the different medications suggested by my doctor.  Earlier this week I passed the Days 5, 6 and 7 without any problems.  Compared to my last cycles of treatment, these were the days where the issue of constipation started to arise.  I had hoped that I finally managed to miss this side effect.  So although today I'm feeling better from the chemo going into me, I'm now struggling with getting things moving.  Today my nausea was dissipating but now I'm not hungry because of the full feeling and achy gut.  I've been losing weight and I'm trying to keep my nutrient intake going.

Oh well, I'm going back to the drawing board of taking stool softeners and 2 different natural laxatives.  At least the new laxative called lacutose tastes good and isn't chalky or anything.

I managed to do 2 loads of laundry today.  Yesterday I started going through old papers and files.  Today I finished doing that and then worked on shredding the documents.  I even slipped a nap in this afternoon because for some reason shredding paper tired me out.  I know I'm feeling better because I want to be out and about.  My daughter was curling in a charity bonspiel in support of Multiple Sclerosis.  I really wanted to go and watch her curl.  I couldn't guarantee that I would be able to spend the whole afternoon out.  Considering I've been taking laxative stuff, I now have to worry about it suddenly working.  This is not something I want to have happen while I'm out.  So I missed watching her curling this afternoon.

I missed my daughter's performance at the Kiwanis Music Festival on Wednesday too.  She played "Fur Elise" by Beethoven.  Obviously I've heard her practicing at home, but it would have been nice to go and support her as she performed.  She did well.  Perhaps I'm a little biased, but I think she has more talent than I do.  I love listening to her play the descending chromatic run towards the end.  She plays it very well and it is so smooth without accents.  I know that I will have other opportunities to support her in the future.  This is why I'm going through the chemotherapy so that I can be there for my children's accomplishments in the future.  It is just disappointing that I am missing some of their activities now.

I guess I'm just showing my impatience.  You'd think that I would have learned better patience already through this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment