Saturday 31 March 2012

Day 17 - 4th Chemo Cycle - "Family Visit"

Today finally arrived!  I've been looking forward to this day for the last week or so.  My aunt, uncle, cousin and her fiance were coming to visit today!  They arrived around mid-afternoon.  They arrived bearing gifts.  They brought me a gorgeous bouquet of flower, a fruit tray, a vegetable tray, a plate of cookies and an apple pie.  We had a wonderful visit and the afternoon flew by.  Before we knew it, it was time to go out for our dinner reservation at Fasooli's Bar and Grill.

We shared laughs, great food and fellowship.  It was a wonderful time.  After our dinner, we went for a drive to my favourite little parking area across from the airport where you can look over Lake Ontario from your car.  It wasn't too cool, so we climbed out of our cars and stood and looked over the water which was reflecting the calm sunset.  The water was so calm and still like a mirror.  Beautiful is an understatement.  As we were getting cool, we climbed back in our cars and headed home to our house.  The visiting continued as we all chatted and laughed in front of the big screen television.  Throughout all the visiting, my aunt and uncle were concerned about tiring me out.  I'm so glad this is in my best time and I have energy.  I really do like how I physically feel at this point.  I can eat, drink a glass of wine, visit and feel "normal".  Tomorrow we will meet up with my relatives again and spend some time with them before they head back home.  It will create more warm, fun-filled memories to help me through the next treatment on Thursday.

I knew I was looking forward to their visit today.  From about noon onwards, every time I heard a car door close, I was looking out the window hoping they had arrived.  I was knitting fairly quickly to help keep me busy and help the time pass by while I waited for my relatives to arrive.   This was an excellent day and I expect tomorrow will be the same.  I am so blessed!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is wonderful, Cathy! Soon all this will be over and all your days will be 'normal'. I pray that your final treatments go smoothly and you have a lot of good days between and around them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Martha. Your prayers and support have definitely helped make this journey more bearable.

    ReplyDelete