Tuesday 13 March 2012

Day 20 - 3rd Chemo Cycle

Today was another beautiful day outside.  It was sunny and warm.  I woke up, fed my cat and then washed my bedding.  It was so nice to hang it outside this morning.  By late this afternoon it was dry and I love the fresh smell of sheets/clothes dried on the line.  I also get great enjoyment watching them flap in the breeze.  One of the small things that I enjoy in life.

This morning I caught up on some emails, mail and daily readings.  Then I played the piano for about 35 minutes.  I seem to be able to start playing longer now before I get weary.  I spent my afternoon outside on the patio reading my novel.  Although I also puttered around the yard a bit.  I noticed my rhubarb is starting to poke through the ground.  I started on the pruning of my grape vines although I'm going slowly as to what my energy and body dictates.  So as a result, the vines don't really look like they've had anything done to them.  Oh well, I know that I pruned them a little bit.  I'll continue with that in a couple of weeks when I'll be feeling better again.  In about that time, I'll also be able to rake the leaves out of my flowerbeds and clean out some of the dead plant material.  I don't clean the beds up too much in the Fall because I like to leave some of the plant material for the birds to use in building their nests in the Spring.  The leaves also insulate the plants from the frost and snow.  I'll be slowly cleaning things up and putting them in the compost when I'm feeling better in this next cycle of chemotherapy.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and if all goes well, I'll be having my fourth chemotherapy on Thursday at 9 a.m.

My family all arrived back this evening after being away for a couple of days.  I had a really nice phone call from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law this evening as well.  I also had a very good friend over for tea tonight and had a wonderful visit.  The time always flies whenever we get together.  Somehow we always end up in gales of laughter and silliness.  This is just what I needed as I face the upcoming treatment.  Thanks a million!!

It was a super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment