Monday 23 April 2012

Day 19 - 5th Chemo Cycle

I'm so tired today.  I did transplant my tomato plants and red pepper plants into bigger pots so that they can grow and be healthy before I harden them off in a couple of weeks.  I didn't do anything else today.  I just sat and relaxed.  I mentioned yesterday that the water was going to be shut off today.  It didn't happen.  I think that was because it snowed and then rained all day today.

I'm still a little afraid about a recurrance of the lymphoma.  I'll be seeing the doctor on Wednesday and will be looking for reassurance that everything is fine.

Tonight I signed up my team for the Relay For Life.  I'm too tired right now to  figure out how to put the link onto my blog so that people can donate to either myself or my team.  I'll be putting the link up on another night when I have more energy.  I do like the name that I came up with for the team though.  We're called Cathy Conquers Cancer.

After I did that, I went to relax and the phone rang.  It was a friend who I haven't talked to in ages!  She was reassured to hear my voice and realize that I sound "normal" and that I'm heading into my last chemo treatment.  She knew something was amiss when she didn't receive my yearly Christmas card and family newsletter.  What a nice visit I had with her on the phone tonight though.

I'm done now for tonight.  Hopefully I will have more energy tomorrow.  I don't like feeling so dragged out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy...just spend 1/2 an hour catching up on your blog . Jim and I had a great week last week in Punta Cana but I missed your daily writings.....sounds like your emotions are all over the place....which is to be expected....keep the faith as you enter into the final corner and head to the finish line....
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete