Tuesday 29 May 2012

A "Do Nothing" Day

Today my mind and body were totally tired from the timeI got up this morning.  It felt like the last five months converged on me like a wake from a speed boat.  So I listened to my body and did nothing.  I shared a glass of lemonade on the front porch with a friend when she dropped off her Relay For Life fundraising.  We had a lovely visit.

After she left, I thought maybe I was tired and dragging because it was close to the noon hour and time for lunch.  I enjoyed my leisurely lunch of a salmon salad sandwich on my patio.  There was a really nice breeze all day long today which made it more comfortable than if the air was still.  After my lunch, I was still tired.  I had planned to watch my son play baseball after school but listened to my body and went for a nap instead.

The nap didn't really help so I'm wondering if my lethargy is due, in part, to the hot, muggy day we had.  I'm a little concerned because the Relay For Life is this Friday and I don't want to be feeling this way on Friday.  I guess I will have to continue to listen to my body and not push it much this week.  I had hoped to transplant more tomato plants in containers and also to transplant two wave petunias that a friend brought by a couple of weeks ago.  Maybe I'll get to them tomorrow or Thursday.  My hope is that I will not do anything on Friday so I can conserve my energy for the Relay.  I definitely won't be running the Relay but I will try to walk as much as possible.

I'm going to sit outside on the patio now and enjoy listening to the robins sing and watch the antics of the local squirrels.

1 comment:

  1. A day of rest is sometimes exactly what our bodies need. You are probably exhausted from the ordeal of the past few months (physically, mentally and emotionally), and I would think that it will take time to recuperate that energy and your full health. At least the warmer months are here, so you can sit outside and enjoy the beauty of nature and all it has to offer us. Simple things, really, but precious and soul-soothing.

    ReplyDelete