Wednesday 23 May 2012

Poco a poco "Little by little"

Poco a poco is a musical term meaning "little by little".  This describes my recovery from the chemo treatments of the last 4 to 5 months.  Today I was able to finish transplanting my tomato plants that I started indoors in February.  I also finished planting the seeds in my vegetable garden.  This used to be just a small amount of work for me and I would have moved on to weeding some of the other beds, or I would have still had energy to work on my hedge.  Unfortunately, my body was tired after just doing the planting.

I'm having to accept that my body has limitations at the moment.  As a result, I had a couple of telephone visits friends this afternoon while I sat and rested.  Making supper tired me out today.  After dinner, I forced myself to go for a walk as I try to get a little stronger.  The walk took the rest of my energy reserves.

I have to remember the term poco a poco.  Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment