Thursday 31 August 2017

Day 18 First Chemo Round - Cold, Tired & Disappointed

All day today, I have been cold and I can't get warmed up. Although it was warm outside and sunny, I was wrapped in a sweater, long pants and my prayer shawl that was given to me 5 years ago by the prayer group at my mom's church....the church I grew up in. Despite being wrapped up, I was still cold and tired today.

It was a fairly quiet day so I puttered around the house and made some phone calls. I called to see what my neutraphil (white blood cell) count was from my blood work yesterday. I remember that the lowest acceptable level for treatment to continue is 1.5. The level from my blood test yesterday is 0.70. I was really disappointed to hear this was the number. I've been eating all the correct vegetables, fruits, nuts, meat and yogurt to help raise the white blood cell count. Tuesday's chemo may be in jeopardy. I'm really disappointed. I know that I have more blood to be tested on Tuesday and I will continue to feed myself the proper foods to boost it but I'm worried.....very worried.

I had an errand to run this afternoon and it felt good to be out in the bright daylight for a little bit. Tonight, I'm struggling to be my normal self. On a positive note, I finished my antibiotics so that will be one less medication that is hard on the stomach. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a good day. I'll head to bed early tonight to try and get myself out of this funk.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a better day tomorrow, Cathy. Remember we are all pulling for you. Much Love.

    ReplyDelete