Thursday 17 August 2017

Day 4 First Chemo Cycle

Last night when I posted on Day 3, I spoke a little too soon. The nausea has arrived. I did not sleep well. The Prochlorperazine lasted just 4 1/2 hours so I was awake at 2 a.m. with a rolling stomach. I got up took the next dose as I am allowed to take them every 4 to 6 hours as required. It took until 3:30 or 4:00 a.m. before I was able to settle back down in bed to sleep. I was so tired! But the stomach would not let me lay down.

I don't know if it is because I'm more tired but this morning it was a struggle. But...on the bright side, my son came home last night after I was in bed (about 11 p.m.) and so I enjoyed some really nice time with him this morning. It was OK to just be in the moment with him regardless of how I was feeling.

The rest of the day pretty much was the same. I am not hungry. Water tastes like straight chlorine. I tried my ginger tea, but it also tasted like just chlorine. I had some turkey broth at lunch which was OK. I did manage to get a juice box into me. The taste buds seem to be off along with the nausea in full bloom. I slept and read, slept and read today. I couldn't concentrate to do any puzzles or do much surfing on the computer.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment