Thursday 14 September 2017

Day 10 Second Chemo Round - Feeling a bit better

I had a really good night's sleep. I have to wake up every 4 to 6 hours to take the anti-nausea medication, prochlorperazine.  Last night, I woke up at 12 midnight and then slept through until 5:30 a.m. The good night's sleep made me feel less nauseous today. I'm also assuming that I'm coming out of the doldrums of this particular chemo round.

I was able to concentrate on my knitting today. I was able to read and enjoy the book today. I even did a little bit of clean up in my flower bed by my patio. Then I was tired so I had to stop.  I went for a short nap and had a very odd dream.  In my dream, I was a ghost and watching my son graduate from university. I was able to wave at him and being so tall, I, for once, could stand out in front of everyone and get a great view of the graduation. I wasn't blocking anyone. It was a weird dream. It did not leave me feeling odd though.

When I got up, I noticed that my avocados were starting to get a little too soft. I had some frozen shrimp in the freezer so I googled recipes for shrimp and avocados. I was thinking in terms of maybe a salad but a recipe caught my attention for shrimp and avocado pasta. The link to the site is http://www.kevinandamanda.com/shrimp-avocado-pasta/

I added freshly chopped sage from my garden and I substituted red onion for shallots.  The resulting dinner tonight was very good and there is enough left that we can have it for dinner tomorrow too. After dinner, we went to the mall to buy a battery for my thermometer so that I can get accurate readings if I have a fever or not. While at the mall, I ran into a former student/friend who I haven't seen in months and months. It really made my day to see her and her family. We enjoyed a nice chat and caught up with each other.

After getting the battery replaced in my thermometer, hubby and I decided to treat ourselves to an ice cream cone. Did it ever taste good!!! We ran into a couple of other people that we knew but the mall was not very busy at all.

I feel good about today. I feel like I accomplished some things. I'm tired but I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I have a couple of appointments but I'm hoping that I can do some more gardening. I use gloves so there is no way that I can get an infection or cut.

1 comment:

  1. Always glad when you have had a good day, Cathy.
    Up here it is Fair time. Our grand-daughter is showing calves (heifers and steers) this morning and a 4-H beef heifer tomorrow, and our grand-son a sheep in several classes tonight, so we will be at the Fair for much of today and tomorrow.
    Hope you have a great day tomorrow, too, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete