Saturday 16 September 2017

Day 11 Second Chemo Round - Appetite is back!

I awoke without having to use any anti-nausea medication this morning. I was craving a big breakfast so I made a poached egg on toast with a second piece of  toast with butter and jam. Even coffee didn't taste like cigarette butts today so I was able to indulge in 2 cups of coffee! What a grand start to my day. This is going to be a perfect day.

I mentioned yesterday that I had some appointments today. Unfortunately, my morning appointment had to be cancelled, but I was still able to get information from another source and make progress on the project that I'm working on.  Hubby and I decided that we would meet for lunch at Darbar Indian Cuisine, our favourite Indian restaurant in town. We have not been able to have lunch together there since January 2016. What a treat it was!

After lunch, I was feeling a little tired so I returned home and rested for about an hour before I had to go and have my weekly picc line cleaning. Just as I was trying to get out the door to the appointment, I saw a mouse in the house!! EWWWWWWW!!!!! I hate mice!!! I've been fortunate that my hubby has always had to deal with these when we used to live in the country. But now I had to deal with this on my own. Hubby was at work. I have to leave to go to my appointment. But I can't leave this rodent in my house. It was in a corner by the front door hidden by my hubby's motorcycle boots. I went to move the boot tray and the mouse ran towards me. YIKES!!!!

Now, I'm not a short person. I'm tall. I should not be afraid of this tiny rodent. But I am. When the mouse ran towards me, I jumped back and tripped over my hubby's office shoes. I fell and felt the deep inside part of my left knee explode with pain. But I can't indulge in the pain because there is a mouse!!! Thank goodness it went back to the corner. I crawled up to a standing position and took my hubby's office shoe to try to smack the mouse and kill it. The toe was too big to get to the mouse. So I thought, "OK, I need to herd this rodent out the front door and out of my house." Good logic, I thought. Nope. The mouse didn't cooperate. I ended up bashing it but it was still alive. I took hubby's other office shoe and decided to use the two shoes like tongs and flip the mouse out of the house.

Finally it worked! And the mouse died enroute. It twitched and laid still. I probably gave it a heart attack. So I left it on the front porch and went off to my appointment.

I texted hubby and realized, that yes, I shouldn't leave the mouse on the front porch for hubby to deal with. So when I got home, I took a shovel and scraped the carcass across the driveway and into my flowerbed.

But now, I have a very sore knee. Bummer! Because hubby and I were considering going for a good walk along one of the nature trails over the weekend. Not happening now. Here's hoping that I can at least climb onto the motorcycle and we can go for a ride and take advantage of the upswing time of the chemo cycle. Meanwhile, ice packs have been applied to the knee to keep the swelling down.

What a day!

2 comments:

  1. I can't handle mice at all. Good for you for getting rid of it. Hope your knee is OK. So excited that your timeline is short for all of your procedures. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I would not have been able to do that at all, Cathy! I'm sorry about your knee though. Hope it's soon feeling much better! I'm really glad your appetite has returned and that aside from the mouse and your knee, it was a good day! xx

    ReplyDelete