Monday 18 September 2017

Day 14 Second Chemo Round - Another Good Day

I must start off with a huge apology to a local coffee company that we support. Last week, my hubby went into North Roast Coffee to buy our freshly roasted coffee beans. We have been supporting this local wholesale/retail operation since they first started out in a small location well over 10 years ago. The staff have seen my children grow up. They have been there and supportive as I went through my lymphoma diagnosis and treatment five years ago. So last week, when hubby went in to buy our coffee beans, he mentioned my relapsed lymphoma. I immediately received an email from the employee he talked to. There was something there for either us to pick up or they could deliver it. I got hubby to drop by and pick it up. He brought home a lovely gift basket with a beautiful origami swan included inside it. I love using local, unique businesses because we do get to know them as individual people as well.

Today was another good day. I had my annual ophthalmologist appointment today. I started seeing this doctor about 5 years ago. The suspicion has always been that the issue that was noticed on my eyeball could have been the lymphoma from 5 years ago. I was very curious to know whether there was any change to that spot this year. Or was there another new spot that had developed. The only thing about this appointment that I don't like each year is that the doctor needs to put dilating drops in my eyes which makes me useless for most of the day. I was pleased to hear that there were no changes. The spot on my eyeball has actually aged and has pigment growing into it. There were no new spots. This was wonderful news to me.

So the rest of the day was spent enjoying the current Nora Roberts book that I'm reading. I had a lovely visit on the phone with a good friend who is going to come around and visit me tomorrow afternoon. Overall, today was a good day spent relaxing and resting. I have a couple of appointments tomorrow morning, so sometimes it is good to have a quiet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment