Wednesday 20 September 2017

Day 15 Second Chemo Round - Feeling Normal

This morning I had a dentist appointment in order to get x-rays done. This was my first appointment in a long list of appointments in preparation for the stem cell transplant. So I can now I have my first "test" checked off the list. Everything is healthy in my mouth and I'm ready for the next test which will be on Thursday.

After the dentist appointment, hubby had an appointment set up for the lawyer. In preparation for "just in case", we are updating our wills. Just in case, we are on The Goldwing and something happens. Or just in case....

As hubby was driving me home around 11 a.m., I started feeling a little nauseous. I wondered about that and realized that I had missed my breakfast. So when I got home, I had a very early lunch of Mr. Noodles. I love Mr. Noodles and I don't have them very often. I figured this would hold me over with a small snack in the afternoon until dinner time. I was looking forward to our planned steak dinner.

Early afternoon, a good friend came over to visit. She and her husband had actually delivered frozen meals to hubby's office several weeks ago and I still had her cooler and ice packs. So it gave us a reason to visit so that I could return her cooler. Of course, she blessed me with some fresh zucchini, green beans, turnip and garlic from her garden! She also included some mini baked chocolate zucchini loaves. So I shared a couple of my favourite recipes with her. We enjoyed a lovely visit with some Masala Chai tea from Multituli Coffee (aka North Roast Coffee). What a great visit we had! It went by much too quickly as time always does when I'm with her.

For dinner, hubby barbecued some steaks and baked potatoes. I made broccoli and green beans with garlic butter and freshly grated parmesan cheese as our side. I also did up some sauteed onion rings to go with the steak. It was soooooooo goooooood!!!! I convinced hubby to go for a brisk walk to help my lungs and heart get in shape for the stem cell transplant tests that I have to do.

Once we got home, I called my aunt and uncle to chat. I'm hoping that they will come for a visit with my cousin at some point in October when I hope I'm feeling good. I watched a part of the Blue Jays game but then quickly tired and went off to bed. It was a great day and I was feeling "normal" with good energy.

2 comments:

  1. Always wonderful to have those good days, Cathy. We celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jean. This is why I like the blog because we are able to celebrate together and support each other across the miles.

    ReplyDelete