Friday 1 September 2017

Day 19 First Chemo Round - A Better Day

I awoke this morning and I finally have shaken the little funk that I've been in the last few days. I was looking forward to getting together with a couple of friends to make some music this morning. I used to meet weekly with these friends and I haven't been able to on a regular basis since April. What a lift it was today!! We shared some much needed laughter and silliness as well as some beautiful high quality music making. Although I was tiring, I had such a great time. It felt really good to laugh and smile again. I think I will take up their offer to get together whenever I'm feeling up to it and make some music, enjoy some friendship and inevitably much laughter. This was so refreshing! I had forgotten how to laugh for a few days.

I was going to rest once I got home from singing, but we needed to go shopping for a vacuum. On Wednesday, hubby decided to do some vacuuming and we could smell that the motor was on its way to burning out. The bag had just been changed and the filter didn't need to be changed. So off we went to buy a Dyson. We've always bought a Kenmore cannister vacuum but have been unhappy with them. So we found a Dyson vacuum that meets our needs and bought it. Then it was time to head home and get some lunch so that I could take my Nystatin on time. I believe tomorrow will be my last day for taking that medicine. Thank goodness!

Anyway, we had a quick lunch, I took my Nystatin and then off to the funeral home for the appointment we had made for today. I was very comfortable with the gentleman we met with and he answered some questions for me with lots of details. Now hubby and I just have to do some thinking over the next several days and make some decisions. I still have some other details to finish working on. I just have to remember to take some breaks, enjoy my current life and see the joy and humour that is in our world in general.

After the funeral home appointment, I had to go to the CBI Clinic (CCAC) to have my picc line cleaned and re-wrapped. It didn't take long. Now I am on a weekly schedule for picc line cleaning on Fridays.  I rested at home afterwards because I was feeling weary after all the busyness of the day.  Hubby and I did go out to our Friday night restaurant for dinner and even had room for a Reid's Dairy ice cream cone afterwards on the way home.  As we came up the street to our home, I saw our son's car in the driveway. He came home for the long weekend. My heart did a little jump at the sight of his car. I'm so happy to see him!! I'm also happily looking forward to my sister and brother-in-law coming to visit on Sunday and Monday. It's time to enjoy the remaining good days of this cycle before I head to chemo again on Tuesday.

Today, I was blessed with the love, friendship and laughter of family and friends. What a lift it gave me!! God does answer prayer as I was needing His help to get me out of the place I had got stuck. It's been a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a better day, Cathy. Hang in there. We celebrate your good days, too.

    ReplyDelete