Saturday 2 September 2017

Day 20 First Chemo Round - Getting ready for my Sister

My son came home last night and I'm so happy to see him. I awoke early this morning and we were planning to have BBQ spareribs for dinner tonight. I made my homemade Bourbon Moonshine BBQ Sauce to go on the ribs first thing this morning. That means that I got all the flavours to blend together all day today. After the BBQ sauce was made, I did 2 loads of laundry and got it hung on the line. Then I made the sweet potatoes casserole for dinner tonight. They will hopefully help raise my white blood cell counts. The next thing on my 'To Do" list was to make muffins so that I have some for my 2 chemo days that are coming up on Tuesday and Wednesday. I wanted to make blueberry muffins and some bran muffins. I got the blueberry muffin batter made and I got hit by a wave of tiredness. It was all I could do to finish baking the blueberry muffins. Of course I had to try one and was it ever delicious. They were nice and moist and it could be because I used frozen blueberries.

While I was busy in the kitchen this morning, my hubby went out with my son and did the groceries for our steak dinner we're going to make for my sister and brother-in-law. I'm so excited that they are coming to visit this weekend!! They will be camping about 50 minutes north of where we live. I can't wait to see them when they arrive at our home tomorrow afternoon. Anyway, when hubby got home from doing the groceries, he took one look at me and said "You've done too much." I agreed so he stepped up and made the bran muffins for me. He also took over making the spareribs on the BBQ and the baked potatoes. All I had to do this afternoon was make the salad for dinner and reheat the sweet potato casserole.

Getting ready to take tomorrow off and spend it relaxing with my sister, meant that all our chores needed to be done today. So while hubby made my bran muffins for me, my son went out and cut the lawn for us. It was so nice to have everyone pitch in. I know I expended too much energy in the morning and I have been dragging for the rest of the day. But I was happy to be able to contribute and "pull my weight" around the house and help get things ready for tomorrow as well as for the chemo days coming up.

I was pleased to finish the thrush medication tonight. I really don't like taking the Nystatin as it bothers my stomach a little bit. I just want to be able to enjoy some food without the tender tummy that wants to roll. Today and over the weekend, I'm still trying to keep myself really well hydrated so that I'm not dehydrated when I go for my chemo on Tuesday morning.

So I've had a busy day and am tired because of it. I'm glad I was well enough to be "busy" and help get things ready for tomorrow and next week. Now this tired puppy is off to bed. Hopefully I will continue to feel well tomorrow and enjoy the visit with my sister fully. I don't see her very often so when I do see her, I get very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment