Saturday 9 September 2017

Day 4 Second Chemo Round - The Pits

I'm a little late in posting this for Day 4. I knew that this day was coming where I would feel nauseous all day. It didn't help that I didn't sleep well the night previous. The meds helped to keep me from vomitting but just. The thought of food did not appeal. The thought of drinking anything did not appeal. But I knew I had to keep hydrated and I still have to try to eat the food that will keep my blood counts up. So I compromised and drank as much tea as I could. I had a bran muffin for breakfast and ate yogurt with my Dexamethasone pills at breakfast. Then I had a cup of turkey broth at lunch. I forced down a few grapes in the afternoon. I again forced down some turkey soup for supper. On top of all this, I had to go to the CBI Health Clinic to have my weekly picc line cleaning. It was good to get out but I felt worse when I got back home.

I wanted to stay up and watch the Blue Jays play but I was in bed by 7:45 p.m. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

  1. Hope so, too, Cathy. I know it is easy for me to say "Just hang in there". All the best.

    ReplyDelete