Sunday 10 September 2017

Day 5 Second Chemo Round - A Better Day

I awoke early this morning (6:00 a.m.) feeling hungry. I had a blueberry muffin and then my 10 Dexamethasone pills with my raspberry yogurt. I sat and knitted while my stomach settled after eating. The Dexamethasone puts my mind in high gear and so I was ready to do laundry, tidy up and get things done once hubby woke up. My laundry at the moment needs to be washed twice because I am toxic due to the chemotherapy. Anything that has any kind of bodily fluids (sweat, etc) needs to be washed twice. So I've been keeping my laundry separate from hubby's. I had 2 loads of laundry to do including our bedding and my towels. I got one load done and hung up, when hubby noticed that I wasn't looking too good. He asked if I've done too much and I agreed that I had. So I did the other load of laundry but he hung it up for me on the line.

So the rest of the day was spent  trying to read outdoors, keep up with my liquid intake, food intake and nause management. A boring day, where I just could not settle due to medications. However, I'm not complaining because I was eating and able to drink my liquids. I did find that I was getting tired of tea and perhaps my tastebuds were off.

Hubby barbecued a whole chicken on his new rotisserie while basting with my homemade barbecue sauce. This was for our dinner. I made a salad with a homemade dressing that I saw on the internet from a distance cousin's webiste "The Messy Kitchen" on facebook. The dressing was 2 Tbsps. Olive Oil, 1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 Tbsp. Maple Syprup, 1 1/2 tsps. dijon mustard with salt and pepper. I included some granny smith apples in the salad along with some pecans. This was a very tasty dressing! So I managed to eat a small amount of dinner and enjoyed it.

While hubby made dinner, I watched the Blue Jays game and saw them win the game on television. I would love to go to a game live, but I have to avoid crowds at the moment.

My hair continues to fall out and is a nuisance as it sits all over my clothes, bedding, couch and anywhere else that I go. I'm leaning towards having it shaved off as it is all going to fall out anyway. It will be one less thing to have to worry about and I like the head coverings that I have for when I have no hair.

So today has been a much better day than yesterday. It means it's been a good day. As my sister gave me a pick me up card yesterday, it said "Today's a good day because you're in it".

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you had a better day today. And I hope you have many more this coming week. I like that pick me up card. Your sister sounds like a lovely person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha, my sister is a very lovely person. She is so caring and I really feel her love across the distance of the miles that separates us. I would suggest that we've always been close.

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a better day, Cathy, and were able to eat. Your sister had a great idea with those "Pick me up" cards.

    ReplyDelete