Wednesday 13 September 2017

Day 8 Second Chemo Round - All New Timelines

Wow!!! That's all I can say in hindsight. I had my consultation with Dr. Bhella, the Stem Cell Doctor, this morning. My file has been officially transferred over to her for the duration of the treatments. I will no longer go to the Chemo Lab for my chemotherapy treatments. They will take place in the Stem Cell Unit.

There are some various tests that I must undergo before the confirmation of this whole new timeline, but I don't expect to fail any of these tests. These are done to ensure that I am healthy enough to undergo the stem cell treatment. The stem cell transplant treatment gives me a 50-50 chance of putting this lymphoma into remission. I'll take those odds.

So according to the new schedule, my next chemotherapy treatment is set for September 29 and October 6.  Then there will be numerous days of preparation for the stem cell transplant which tentatively is booked for October 30. At that point, I will be in hospital for 3 to 4 weeks. According to this new timetable, I will be home in time for Christmas.

There was a lot of information to gather and understand at this morning's appointment. I now have a tentative timeline which is moving very, very quickly. I am feeling much better today. I need to remember to take snacks and drinks with me to these long appointments otherwise I start to feel nauseous again.

Hubby spoiled me on the way home by picking up an Egg McMuffin and a milk for me to eat once I got home. Egg McMuffins are my guilty pleasure and always have been. I haven't had one in a long time so this tasted wonderful and was a great reward for the last couple of days of suffering.

Tonight, I decided to make supper for hubby. I was "Suzie Homemaker" and had it on the table as he walked in the door. It was leftover BBQ chicken with some roasted veggies which I drizzled a homemade sauce over.  I used the rest of the apple cider maple salad dressing from the other day and added Balsamic Vinaigrette, honey, rosemary and oregano. I heated it up and then poured it over the veggies when they came out of the oven. Hubby thought it was a hit and a keeper recipe. That says something when he's talking veggies as he really is a meat & potatoes kind of guy.

So today was a good day with lots of stimulating information. Part of me wonders about the speed of how things are progressing in treatment. Is it because I'm worse off than I thought? Oh well....it doesn't really matter now. We're off and running!!

3 comments:

  1. Your Mom phoned me last night. We decided you might not know who I was. My Mom was the older sister of your Mom's Mom. You and I met again a couple of years ago at the reunion in Owen Sound. Previously we had shared info from my Mom's diary about their brother the Lieutenant, Royal Canadian Engineers, and a few pictures. Your husband had shared info about a book which included info about the bridge that was named after him posthumously and I had found another book which gave more details. Many thanks again for the book you compiled and sent about your visit to his grave site. I prize it.
    We wish you all the best, Cathy. It will be an uphill battle but just remember there are so many of us pulling for you. With Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have known who you are all along and thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers all along. I enjoy seeing your comments when you make your way to the library to read the blog. I appreciate your support and emotional "pulling" for me. The King Reunions from many years ago have allowed me to know who the distant cousins are.

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to hear when you are feeling good, Cathy. I wish you all the best with this treatment. And I hope you have many good days ahead.

    ReplyDelete