Thursday 14 September 2017

Day 9 Second Chemo Round - A Long and Boring Day

My days are stretching out in front of me and I'm beginning to wonder how I will fill them. My energy isn't great and I'm supposed to keep myself from germs. Yesterday, Day 9, I decided that I would at least vacuum the house with my new vacuum cleaner. You know that your life is slow when a new vacuum gets you excited. It's a Dyson canister style vacuum. My concern is that all the parts are made of plastic. I wonder how long it will be before it breaks. Oh well. It sucked up the dirt very nicely. I left the emptying of the canister to hubby to do when he got home from work.

Our neighbour's daughter is also going through a cancer regimen of chemo, then surgery, then radiation. Today there was a party taking place in the afternoon. I'm hoping they were celebrating the end of her chemo regimen or perhaps a CT scan result that was some good news. As I heard the laughter, I was happy for their daughter but I was really feeling out of sorts for myself. Pity party time was happening and that is not who I normally am.  While the party was in full swing (both the happy party and the pity party), some flowers were delivered to my door. Normally, that would give me a big lift. However, today, it didn't. I noticed that the roses were already starting to wilt.

Enough, enough, enough....I said to myself. Stop this moping! I picked up my afghan and thought I can be productive and work on it. As I started knitting, I realized that I think my afghan that I'm working on now smells of the "chemical me". Ugh!!!! I want to finish this afghan so that I can make socks for the homeless as the cold weather is approaching.  I was also struggling to make sure I got my 8 glasses of liquid into me today.

Finally, I put the knitting down, I went outside to the patio and tried to read. I just could not settle and was restless. While outside, the phone rang inside and I didn't hear it. It was my husband's cousin. A chat with her would have been really nice and maybe pulled me from my doldrums. Alas, this was not to be as I missed the call.

However, I did return her call and had a wonderful visit with her about an hour later. It was the lift I needed!! Hubby came home for dinner and then we went for a short drive to give me a different view of scenery.  After the drive, I went straight to bed. I was tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment