Thursday 28 September 2017

My Last Good Day before the Third R-GDP chemo

I had another great day today. This is my last day of feeling good for a long time and I decided to fill my day with my favourite things to do. I have been wanting to buy a book at Chapters called "The Brain's Way of Healing" by Dr. Norman Doidge. So I went this morning with my son and bought a paperback copy for myself and one for my cousin-in-law. I thought that she would enjoy reading it. After dropping her book off at her home, my son and I went to Old Navy to buy him a couple of pairs of good pants for when he has placements in the classroom. He's in his last year of his Concurrent Education degree. I enjoyed spending time with him while we were shopping.

After shopping, I had a lovely phone call with my cousin-in-law and then enjoyed making lunch for my son and me. I like having him home and I'm so happy that I was feeling well while he was visiting. We had a quiet afternoon just enjoying each other's company. I spent my afternoon knitting while watching television shows that my son wanted to watch. I started the first sock of a pair that I'm knitting for my sister-in-law. I also walked briskly to the health clinic where they clean and change the dressing for my picc line. I surprised myself by making the walk in 10 minutes. My heart was working but it didn't take very long to settle back down and for my breathing to return to normal. This was just another sign that I'm feeling really healthy at this time.

When hubby came home from work, we went off to a local restaurant that we haven't been to in about 10 years. We had an enjoyable evening and meal. It was full of laughter, reminiscing and conversation. Our time together went too quickly. I always find it hard to say good bye to my children as they leave to go back to their own home. So after dinner, our son finished packing up his car and got on the road to go back home. He should make it home around midnight.

I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow. I don't want to do the chemo. I don't want to feel horrible again. I know that I have to go through all this so that I can enjoy more quality time. I just don't like feeling nauseous. I don't like feeling ill. I'm afraid of being sick again. Anyway, I have to be in the Stem Cell Unit for 7:30 tomorrow morning and I'll probably be there for 6 to 8 hours as the Rituximab, Gemcitabine, Cysplatin and Deximethasone is all pumped into me tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to this but I try not to complain. Complaining about it just makes me feel worse and it doesn't change anything except allow the cancer to steal another day away from me.

I'll do the chemo tomorrow and I'll just think one moment at a time for the next month or so.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, Cathy. I hope all goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best today, Friday, Cathy, as you start your new treatment.

    ReplyDelete