Tuesday 31 October 2017

Day 1 - The downslide begins

I had some nausea in the middle of the night and needed a supplemental nausea pill. I did not enjoy my breakfast this morning and my appetite was slightly decreased as the day wore on.

This morning, I had the routine medicals prods and checks. I am being given 2 hours of saline solution every morning now for the next little bit. So this morning, I spent my time knitting and walking until lunch time.

I had my lunch which was light and sat well with me which was nice. Then this afternoon, it was wonderful to have visitors. One arrived right after lunch and then just as he was leaving another couple of friends arrived and stayed until close to dinner time. Then Hubby arrived and shared dinner time with me.  After dinner, we spent some time playing cribbage and chatting although we also did a few laps of the floor so that I could walk out the swelling that is still in my abdomen and upper legs.

Today, along with the decreased appetite, I was having plenty of trips to the washroom. This will be watched closely by the staff and there is a plan in place to deal with it all. I don't like this part of the process and it is only starting. I have been assured that I will have meds to help with it all at the appropriate time.

Hubby was here for the night change in the nursing shift. After the new nurse had checked all my vital signs and left, Hubby got his things together and went home. It is garbage night and our cat, Frodo, is needing his nightly cuddle time.


No comments:

Post a Comment