Sunday 1 October 2017

Day 3 Third Chemo Round - A Quiet Day

I awoke with the nausea feeling in full force. This was at 4:45 a.m. I got up and took at prochlorperaze (anit-nausea supplement pill) and went back to bed. I dozed off and on but the stomach was rumbly. Finally at 7:15 I arose for the day. I did the morning routine of feeding the cat and changing his water. I then put in a load of laundry. Then I had some toast and jam with a small cup of tea. I took my Emend (new anti-nausea medication) and the Dexamethasone (the other prescribed nausea medication) with my breakfast. I hung the laundry out and started another load. All the time the stomach was rumbly. I finished doing the laundry and hung it out and put in another 2 loads to dry in the dryer.

Then I sat and worked on knitting the first sock of the pair I'm making for my sister-in-law. Around 10:00 a.m. my stomach was again griping and nauseous. I have found that if I eat small amounts it helps. So I had another piece of toast to hold me through until lunch. Back to my knitting I went. As I got tired of knitting, I checked in on Facebook and my emails. Then back to the knitting. Around 11:30, I again started feeling a little nauseous and very tired. I had dozed off at the couch for a little bit. So I made an early bite for lunch of an open faced sandwich of cucumber and tomato. This is my attempt to eat small amounts to keep the nausea down but also to make sure my white blood cells counts can be boosted by the choices of food I eat. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables help with that.

After my lunch, I went and laid down for a bit. I intended to read my current book called "Blue" by Danielle Steele that a friend has loaned to me. I didn't even get through a line before I was falling asleep. I closed the book and settled in for a nap. Hubby told me when I awoke that I had been out for 2 hours. I guess I was tired. I felt better after having the nap. I brought in the laundry from the line and the only things that needed to be finished in the dryer were 2 pairs of pants. They were almost completely dry except for the pockets.

The afternoon has continued to be a battle of the nausea and I'm relying on the prochlorperazine to help me with that. I really like the Emend as it works well. Unfortunately, today was the last of the Emend for this part of my chemo. To get me through the afternoon before dinner was served, I had some crackers with the cashew spread I bought a couple of weeks ago. It helped calm the nausea and for supper I enjoyed some barbecued zucchini, a small piece of potato and some carrots. I ate half of the crosscut steak that hubby brought home from the butcher. There is enough leftovers for us to have it all again tomorrow night. Tomorrow I will be going for my Pulmonary Functioning Test as part of the work up to make sure I'm healthy enough for the stem cell transplant.

I expect this evening to be a continuation of today. Intermittent nausea followed by prochlorperazine and me attempting to keep myself hydrated. I am hoping to be able to stay up long enough to watch my favourite series "Outlander".

No comments:

Post a Comment