Monday 2 October 2017

Day 4 Third Chemo Round - Las Vegas, Nausea/Tiredness and Pulmonary Functioning Test

I awoke this morning trying to decide was I nauseous due to hunger or needing anti-nausea medication. Before I could decide, I heard the news about the shootings in Las Vegas. Our very, very good friends are currently in Las Vegas and I was now nauseous with the thought of them being killed or injured.

I went ahead with breakfast and the ensuing medications (prochlorperazine and Dexamethasone). Hubby was on Facebook giving me updates. Our friends were safe but separated. Then they were safe and together in their room. Thank God!!!!

I'm struggling with dry mouth today, tiredness and nausea. On top of this, I have my Pulmonary Functioning Test today. I have to pass it in order to do the stem cell transplant. My mind is impaired due to tiredness and confusion so I needed hubby to come home from work and drive me to my appointment. He also had a previously scheduled appointment nearby but for about 1 hour after mine was done.

I ended up doing the Pulmonary Functioning Test and it seemed to help give me some energy that I was lacking. Not much energy, but a little bit. I had to take some deep breaths and blow out all the air into a tube. I also had to take a deep breath and slowly release the air until my lungs were comletely empty. Then I also had take a deep breath and pant into the tube even after the air was removed and it was a vacuum. Here's hoping that I passed it. It took a total of about 45 minutes.

After the appointment, as we arrived at the foyer of the local outpatient clinic hospital, we met some friends who have also been going through the cancer journey. A short visit with them and we still had some time to spend before hubby's appointment down the road. I had an apple scone and hubby had a cup of coffee. I shared the scone with him and then we went off to his appointment.

Thank goodness I took my book that I have just started called "Blue" by Danielle Steele. As I read in the waiting room, I kept wanting to fall asleep and doze off. Finally hubby came out and we went back to his work so he could catch up. I went to a quiet area to read and I ended up falling asleep for about 45 minutes. Thank goodness I awoke before anyone walked in on me.

I did get a chance to visit with some of hubby's co-workers and then it was time to leave to go home. I kept dozing off in the car. I've continued to feel nauseous off and on and I'm still struggling with dry mouth. I've been using the spray that my sister sent me in her first care package. It seems to help. Dinner sat well but then dry mouth set in again.

I'm off to bed early tonight to see if this will help me. I'm just so glad that our friends are safe and sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment