Saturday 7 October 2017

Day 9 Third Chemo Round - Juggling Medications, hydration and small meals

Today I felt much better after drinking more than the required 8 glasses today. What a schedule to juggle though. I'm on 4 different medications. Some need to be taken with food. One need lots of water/liquid to be taken. One needs to be taken every 6 hours. One needs to be taken every 8 hours. One needs to be taken between 7 & 8 p.m. at night.

I find this onerous to juggle the medication schedule, getting the required liquid intake and still trying to eat meals with my family when I'm full from the food that needs to be eaten with medication between meals. So I'm eating smaller amounts during the "regular meals" and eating snacks with the medications. This medication schedule also means a disrupted night unless I can time the medication to be taken at midnight and again at 6 a.m.

The nausea didn't raise its ugly head until just after supper. So I took my new anti-nausea medication which is faster acting and hope it will settle my stomach before I head off to bed. The side effect of this new medication is dizziness and drowsiness. This is why it's best to take it in the evening. It is a 12 hour medication though so hopefully it will last the night.

I had some time to myself while hubby and my son did some last minute grocery shopping. I finished the current novel I was reading by Danielle Steele entitled "Blue". This was a book that a friend loaned to me a few weeks ago. I'm not normally a Danielle Steele fan but I did enjoy this book. Tonight, I'll start my next book by Fern Michaels called "The Guest List".

I enjoyed having my son home today. We spent some time together which was really nice. Tomorrow he will help my hubby prepare our turkey dinner. I'm hoping I will be able to enjoy it with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment