Thursday 30 November 2017

Day 26 to Day 30 - Recovering and Update

Wednesday, November 29

I last posted on Saturday when I didn't have a good day. I indicated that I had hoped to go to church on Sunday morning. Sunday morning, I awoke and still was not feeling well. My stomach was queasy and I was very tired. I slept in and was not able to be up and going to church in time. It was close to 12 noon before my stomach and digestive tract started to calm down and I was able to get dressed.

At that point, on Sunday, Hubby wanted to get me out of the house and go for a walk at the local conservation area. I agreed because it has benches placed along the pathways for people to sit and rest. We took some birdseed with us. We had fun holding the seed in our hands and letting the birds come to us to eat. I had Chickadees, Northern Flickers and even a Downy Woodpecker land on my hand and gently take the seeds. When the birds land on your hand, it tickles and you don't even feel them take the seeds from your hand. The wind was cold and bitter on Sunday so we didn't stay out long. I did have to avail myself to the benches along the way in order to rest. It was nice to get out into the fresh air.

On Monday evening, Hubby and I went for a walk in the local mall. The last time I did the "mall walk", I was able to walk 75% of the mall before I had to sit and rest. This time I was able to walk the whole mall and climb the stairs to the second level at the end in order to go to the car. After reaching the top of the stairs, I had to rest on benches just inside the mall doors. This was progress though because I had walked the whole mall. After we got home on Monday night, Hubby and I settled into his man cave and watched two episodes of "Outlander" that we had missed while I was in hospital.

Tuesday, I enjoyed an afternoon walk with one of my good friends who lives around the corner from me. I was pleased that I was able to walk the distance although I'm not walking as fast as I used to. That will come. My friend and I enjoyed a lovely time of catching up after our walk. Tuesday evening, Hubby and I watched three more episodes of "Outlander". I really love this series of books and I'm enjoying the television series just as much.

I must add here that it is important for me to go to bed by 9 or 9:30 at the latest. If I go to bed any later than that, then I don't feel as well the next day..

On Wednesday (yesterday), I got myself up and going so that I could go to the Hospital Auxiliary's Christmas Bazaar. I drove Hubby to where he had to work and then drove the car to his office and parked it. I walked to the hospital from his work. I used to do this on a regular basis, but this is the first time I've attempted that walk since I've been home. It was a little daunting but I managed to do it. Then I still had to walk throughout the hospital and through the Bazaar. This was maybe more than I was ready for. I did manage to also visit my co-worker in the hospital. She had a baby boy on Monday. I was glad I got to see her before she was discharged to go home. By the time I made my way back to the Bazaar, I had to rest. I had bought a "refreshment ticket" for a cup of tea and a scone so I took advantage of the tables that were set and I sat. At that point, I enjoyed my tea and scone. I also enjoyed several visits with co-workers and volunteers that I have worked with. I did manage to pick up a few items for stocking stuffers and a baked good for Hubby and I. It was sticky buns with nuts and green & red cherries. We had a couple for dessert and they were delicious! After dinner, Hubby and I settled back down into the man cave and watched the last episode of Outlander. We are now caught up and ready for the next episode which will air on Sunday night.

Today, Thursday, I'm looking forward to going out with my cousin-in-law in the afternoon to another Christmas Craft Show and then dinner out with Hubby. I may even get some grocery shopping done in the morning if I feel up to it.

1 comment: