Tuesday 19 December 2017

Seven Weeks Post Stem Cell Transplant - Christmas Parties, Preparations and Balance

Christmas is my favourite time of year. On Friday, I went with Hubby and some friends to Lumina Borealis on Friday night. This is a magical, interactive light show that is currently being shown at a local tourist attraction. I had a great time as the snow fell from the sky and we wandered through the exhibit. My friend and I sang into the microphone and saw our voices make changes in the shape and colours on the walls. What a great night it was! I felt like a little child and I wanted to spin with my arms outstretched. However, the adult part of me restrained myself and I wandered through with a big smile on my face.

Saturday, we enjoyed a dinner with friends at their home. Hubby and I enjoyed good food and great company until I ran out of gas and needed to head home. We did not need to walk very far to get home as we live in the same neighbourhood.

Sunday morning, I went to church and then headed straight home. I was very tired but also excited to see my son who was on his way home for the Christmas holidays. Hubby took me out for a late breakfast. We had just arrived home when our son arrived. I'm so happy to have him home. He was excited to show us his report from his teaching placement and he also showed us a test that he had written for the students in the class. I am happy that he continues to have such enthusiasm for his career.

Yesterday, I had a couple of appointments and then went shopping for Hubby's Christmas present. Then last night, I was at another of Hubby's Christmas parties. I was exhausted when we arrived home last night. I ate too much greasy food and had an unhappy stomach through most of the night. Thank goodness the stomach eventually calmed down early this morning. However, I had a disrupted, sleepless night.

As a result, I slept in and my body let me know all day long that it was tired. Normally after sleeping in, I won't need to sleep again during the day. Not today. I ended up having heavy eyes while sitting on the couch this afternoon so I went and had a nap. Hubby woke me up in time to eat some supper. I'm still tired and I will go to sleep early tonight. I have a big day tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I will do my grocery shopping in preparation for our Christmas dinners and birthday lunch for my daughter. After all that shopping, tomorrow night I will go with Hubby to another Christmas party.

Thursday and Friday, I will be busy baking and cooking so I can visit with family on the weekend and still put together a good meal. In order to survive this busy time of year, I will be needing to go to bed early and perhaps even having small cat naps to rejuvenate myself. Despite the busy-ness, I still love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment